<VV> EUM in Group Red/Part needed

kaczmarek at charter.net kaczmarek at charter.net
Fri Oct 30 17:13:26 EDT 2009

Went over the flaws in the EUM today.

Merely reporting, not complaining as I got the body  at the "right price".

Had a lot more bondo in it that I was expecting

  The area the grille bar covers is all mud, Right and left side front lower fenders had no holes for the emblems so I knew they had mud in them,  mucho lumps in the steel in the area under the grille bar, Right rear lower fender (where the grille goes on) is trashed but repairable,
door strikers and hinges will need adjustment.

For those of you who have partners, wives or significant others who complain about your "Parts mine"...   The trunk lid on the EUM  was from another car (the EUM original color was white, and the hood was off of a Red car), and the engine cover was badly rusted on the engine cmpt side (in the original white)  when the car arrived.   I was able to take 3 trunk lids and 3 engine lids from my stash down to Eric to have him decide which ones would be the easiest to "get right".  a couple of these I just bought last month from Wade Lanning, at a more than fair price.  Sure was glad I had 'em.

The Passenger's lower door hinge was garbage, no spring and otherwise shot.  Luckily I saved the entire unit from the donor car and have it blasted and ready to go back on.   There's no spring on the driver's door lower hinge either, and I can't seem to find one in the various vendor catalogs I have, not even California Corvair seems to have any springs sold seperately.

Anybody got a spare driver's side lower door hinge spring for an LM, or a complete serviceable driver's side lower hinge for a 65 they can part with?  Will pay shipping and reasonable price---If a vendor or member has one , pls  contact off list.

Thanks in advance
Hank