<VV> What has CORSA done for us?

The Reinharts jtreinhart at omnitelcom.com
Fri Sep 4 08:18:55 EDT 2009

All, I think Bob has brought up some very good points. The most important
one is communication. As he has acknowledged he didn't realize that there
was a chapters filing fee , for non 100% CORSA chapters, to help cover the
cost of the insurance. I am sure most of the membership is in the same boat.
The board is working very hard to rectify this communication problem in
several ways. Updating the website to make it more user friendly, with more
information. The CORSA Corner, an e-mail supplement to the Directors Turn at
the Wheel, from the BoD, to the chapters Editors, for publication in the
Newsletters, to keep people informed of current board action and events.
This is currently hard to do because people haven't updated the chapters
lists so we can send it out effectively. BoD members are trying to be more
informative at their own chapter meetings and outreach to some of the closer
chapters, and using e-mail to communicate with all chapters in their
respective divisions. Getting the word out about CORSA is very important. I
too believe there should be 100% CORSA membership from the chapters. I think
we should start with anyone joining a chapter from now on is expected to
join CORSA. All members of Chapters now, that are not CORSA members, have
two years to give us all a chance to show them what CORSA does for them. At
the end of that two years they will have to decided to join CORSA or leave
the whole CORSA support system. What will happen if we require CORSA
membership? I think we would probably follow the normal membership trend of
a 10% to 20% reduction in chapter membership. This would be tough on CORSA
and tougher on chapters, but we would survive. It would also be just plain
sad to loose so many good members. We all need to keep working in any way we
can to promote the benefits of CORSA so everyone can see them and realize
just what it means to be part of this family.

Jamie Reinhart
CORSA Central Director
CPF Vice-President
Iowa Corvair Enthusiast