<VV> Membership

Mike Jacobi mvjacobi at comcast.net
Sat Sep 5 14:38:22 EDT 2009

--
For me it's not just the Corvairs.....though it's hard to beat the sheer joy
trying to trace down a bad ground in the brake lights or trying to figure
out why the engine turns over slower than it should...for no apparent
reason.

It's the people that attract me to the club and the National body.  I've
visited with Seth Emerson's club and find the same helpful friendly folks I
find at home in the DACC.  And the times I've been told about members who
pitch in to get some other Corvair driver un-stranded are without number.

INMHO we should never turn away a non Corse member from convention or club
hospitality rooms.  Ken is right, we're selling friendship and warmth.  The
pleasure of belonging with other good folks who happen to like the same car.
By makinf all welcome, we have a chance to hook the non member on the
pleasure of belonging.

BUT I also believe we will always have freeloaders and cheats with us. So
the question becomes how far are we willing to go to separate ourselves from
them.

Mike in Michigan

Requiring National Membership seems to me like the best way to handle the
problem.