<VV> Hospitality room, was: Membership required

airvair at earthlink.net airvair at earthlink.net
Sat Sep 5 16:17:19 EDT 2009

And DACC (thanks, Ken & Co.!) set the standard for hospitality rooms, both
at that convention AND at their annual Homecoming in August. My question is
why can't the national convention always have a good hospitality room like
DACC? I hate to criticize, especially when most other things went right,
but the Jacksonville convention hospitality room offerings were pathetic. I
realize that those who worked it probably deserve our thanks (as any
volunteer richly does), and this is by no means a complaint against them.
But whomever arranged for the snacks (drinks excluded) should be
embarrassed.

But rather than concentrate on what was wrong with past convention(s), let
us concentrate on future ones. Maybe the convention planners should
consider this a challenge not to overlook and shortchange the hospitality
room, and try to make it a worthwhile place to go to get some refreshments
after a hard day's activities outside in the heat and away from readily
available food and snacks. So is the gang in Iowa up to the challenge?

-Mark

Convention we