<VV> Transmission no go

craig nicol nicolcs at aol.com
Wed Sep 9 19:43:40 EDT 2009

Jeff, your theory of a broken input shaft is possible, but I have never seen
that particular failure. What I have seen fail is the internal splines on
the differential pinion shaft, clutch disc, and the differential spider
gears. All of these fail suddenly and carry the symptoms you are
experiencing. The good news is that parts are available and while rebuilding
a diff is not a walk in the park, it isn't too terribly difficult. Let's
hope it's the input shaft or clutch disc - those are no-brainers.

Craig Nicol