<VV> update: Ray Rodriguez clutch noise and front end etc.

Ray Rodriguez (Grymm) grymm at echoes.net
Thu Sep 10 22:50:45 EDT 2009

Well, I'm back home... 4 days early... guess I wont be making the Corvair campout but at least my car is (and tires are) completely intact...

((Please note you guys will be receiving messages the next couple days that I sent the last couple days requesting advice and help...  for some reason when I use my web mail (away from home) my messages take days to show up on the list....  ))

I dont know if it was cause or effect... but this morning I found a small puddle of gear oil under the car...   decided it was time to give up my plans for the weekend and head home to my garage.  Gear oil was continuing to leak so I knew it wasnt empty.... I searched the archives and decided to try to make it home...  made it without incident. and its still leaking so still not empty surprisingly.

So maybe the noise was from a lubed clutch disk.. or maybe the seal went from vibration caused by the noisy bearing/bushing... either way now I know what I have to do....   =(

I'll post pics of the car in the next day or two if possible.  Guess the car will be undergoing repairs the next week or two.