<VV> carbs / too high an idle

Jay Pitchford jay.pitchford at gmail.com
Sat Sep 12 17:49:54 EDT 2009

Chuck - thank you. I disconnected the secondaries, still hung up. Checked
under the air horn (air filter assembly?) and no rub. Pulled it off anyway
to see linkage better. Checked for plug wires, but no dice. Disconnected
primary carb on the right/passenger side, still hanging up. Reconnected
right, disconnected left/driver side primary, and bingo! Free travel. I
manually lifted the left primary carb throttle linkage and it seems to be
sticking. Going to FLAPS tonight or tomorrow for carb spray, but having
serious doubts it's gunky. Engine was rebuilt before I bought it, but I
suppose I might just get dumb lucky. I'm afraid there's a piece of something
stuck down in there. It just feels like it when moving the linkage. It's not
sticky/slow, but seems to hang at a particular spot, with no external binds
that I could find.
jcp