<VV> VirtualVairs Digest, Vol 56, Issue 72

Mikeamauro at aol.com Mikeamauro at aol.com
Sun Sep 13 11:36:32 EDT 2009

"...the issue with retractors in a coupe is that they have to mount
somewhere near the floor and they are fairly large, which means easy to trip  over
when getting in and out of the back seat. Not to mention having to crawl
under/through the shoulder belt...

Agreed, Kent, those are valid considerations; but, the alternative: risking
 driving without modern 3-point belts, is (I believe) a considerably
greater  concern. The installation in my 67 moves the retractor fully rearward,
and has  not caused any issue during the infrequent use of the rear
compartment.

Installation pictures, with comments, have now been completed and can be
viewed at: _http://rides.webshots.com/album/574577186eZnzPj_
(http://rides.webshots.com/album/574577186eZnzPj)

Mike Mauro
1967 Coupe (and other Corvairs)