<VV> the new 66' Corsa wheels

Bryan Blackwell bryan at skiblack.com
Mon Sep 14 11:19:26 EDT 2009

One additional comment - that measurement can throw people off when
trying to convert backspace to offset and vice versa.  The distance
from the bead to the outside is usually about 1/2", so a 7" wheel with
zero offset would have 4" of backspace.  Corvair cars should really
have more than that if you want to get close to the factory wheel
dimension, with a maximum backspace of about 5 1/4".  One advantage
I've found earlies have is that it's pretty easy to find wheels with a
more appropriate backspace for a Corvair since it's also a FWD pattern
(we're currently shopping for wheels for the wagon).

--Bryan