<VV> 110 PG with rough idle and wanting to stall at stops

Tony Underwood tony.underwood at cox.net
Sun Sep 20 12:15:51 EDT 2009

At 11:52 AM 9/20/2009, Stephen Upham wrote:
>And by quick, you mean after you have the top off of the carb...ggg.
>I don't have a copy of the Tech guide, one of the few publications
>that I don't have.  I guess that is next...
>The telephone wire I have.  In fact, I used the sheathed telephone
>wire (bundle of four) to attach my dual CHT which has four connections.
>
>As soon as I get carb gaskets, in case of damage during removal, I'll
>give this a try.

This, in conjunction with that carb cleaner through the idle mixture
screw hole thing, should eliminate anything stuck in the carb's idle
mixture passages.

By the way:   Clogs in these areas generally affect only idle and
off-idle running.   At full throttle, the engine will behave
normally.    If it lags and gags no matter what you do with the gas
pedal it's likely something has clogged a main metering jet in one of
the carbs.

Here's to enlightenment and a quick fix.    Seems you've been having
more than your fair share of hassles...

tony..