<VV> Terminal block, was: Horrid Red Plastic thingy?

jvhroberts at aol.com jvhroberts at aol.com
Mon Sep 21 14:00:21 EDT 2009

 Egads...

This is an item, that by ALL rights, should be a ZERO maintenance item. Although you've had no troubles with it, I have, and judging by the response, a LOT of Corvair owners have had issue with the horrid little red plastic thingy. <G>

It's a poor design. Depending on threads into plastic to maintain a tight electrical connection is absurd. For what, to save a couple of pennies on adding a nut?

Metal on plastic threads for tight electrical connections has been eschewed by industry pretty much universally. This should be made as a textbook example as to why this is.

Rant all you wish, my solution eliminates any repeat non performances!! LOL

John Roberts