<VV> No Compression on one side

gbraga at aol.com gbraga at aol.com
Thu Sep 24 12:05:05 EDT 2009

How can this happen??? The car has no compress on the right side, but over 100 lbs per cylinder?on the left side of the engine (only checking the front and back cylinders).? I took off the valve cover on the right side and there is no movement of the valve train.? Every thing?looks clean and normal. ?Could the entire side just lock up?? Do hydraulic lifters become unusable if not used? The car died on me about?3 years ago, and I have not been able to work on it until now. I don't know if this was the original?problem, or a result of sitting for the 3?years.? I thought the original problem was the gas pump and I have installed a new one. Gas is pumping now, so does that mean the cam and timing gear are OK?

The engine is probably a 84 hp, it was running fine up th the point that it just died and would not fire up again.

Gerry Braga

64 Convertible

62 Rampside

Gbraga at aol.com