<VV> Concours first? was: Convention Scheduling

Vairtec Corporation Vairtec at optonline.net
Thu Apr 8 19:28:57 EDT 2010

airvair at earthlink.net wrote:
> On that basis, one could make a case for having all the tours and "fluff"
> start mid-week, with the concours on Saturday, followed by the rest of the
> "moving events" afterwards. Those into tours would come earlier and
> probably leave sooner, and those into the moving events would come later
> and stay later. Thus the convention might run from Wednesday to Wednesday,
> instead of Monday to Friday.

This, Mark, begins to forget about the many other factors affecting
convention scheduling -- hotel room nights, banquet attendance, and the
like.  Sometimes, our host hotel is a "business" hotel where they are
thrilled to have our weekend room pickup.  Sometimes, our host hotel is
a resort hotel where they are thrilled to have our weekday room pickup.
And either way, we need solid banquet attendance as part of our "deal"
with the hotel for room rates, facilities use, et al.

Again, scheduling -- including the concours -- should be based on all
factors, not just what is best for a few.

--Bob Marlow