<VV> Loosing BoD Seat

James P. Rice ricebugg at mtco.com
Sat Apr 17 10:34:10 EDT 2010

Frank:  Oh, give us a break.

What "happened" to Jack was self-induced.  He failed to renew membership, a
requirement to be on the BoD, which cost him his seat, and then, after
getting his dues in, did not reply at all when asked if he wanted to be
appointed to the seat he had created by his negligence.

At least that is how I remembered the explanation a couple BoD members gave
us.  I am sadden about what he appearently did to himself, and us, because
he seened to want to actually do something.  But I am also glad CORSA sticks
to our rules and expectiations for BoD members.

I do not disagree with Jack if his mantra was "promote! promote! promote!"
Much easier said than done, as you have to know where/when shows are months
in advanced and get one or more chapters organized and committed to getting
a group of cars out and find some articulate person to man/person a booth to
talk to people and then tell them how to get a hoarder of cars to sell one
to them.

Historically Yours,
                   James Rice
                   CORSA member since mid-70's
                   Former Chairman of the Competition Committee
                   Member of original CPF Advisorary Committee
                   CORSA/CPF BoD member and CPF Liaison 1999-01
                   Occasional contributor to the Communique
                   PCG member

Message: 4