<VV> Losing faith in mechanical fuel pumps

corvairs at pacifier.com corvairs at pacifier.com
Sun Aug 1 14:24:17 EDT 2010

Bob - I've decided it's hopeless. I've spent considerable time and effort
researching this issue the past 18 years (That's the last time a defective
run of mechanical fuel pumps was done by a major supplier).

Those of us who run exclusive mechanical pumps (and have since 1966) will
continue to drive our Corvairs everywhere and anywhere. Those who insist
on the extra expense, extra work installing and the extra risks of
electric pumps, for whatever their reasons, real or imagined, will
continue to do so.

This issue has a life of it's own in Corvair circles, and like most
things, is not always governed by reason.

If electric pumps work well for some, then fine. It's just a shame that
the many new owners get the impression they have to re-engineer their
Corvair in order to drive it.

Lon
www.corvairunderground.com
800-825-8247