<VV> coil wiring help needed

Ray "Grymm" Rodriguez vairguy at echoes.net
Mon Aug 2 03:02:23 EDT 2010

Hey all,

I'm trying to figure out the wiring for the coil on the 63'....  I dont have a 63' manual yet and since the wiring was tampered with at some point it's not self evident which wire goes where.

First question:  I believe this car should have an external resistor not a resistor wire.....I have a resistor for it but want to make sure it belongs in the circuit and that I have it connected to the right wire.  Please confirm that I need one and which color wire it goes on.

I have four wires coming out of the harness near the coil.  Two go to a "T" shaped plug that should be for the right side tail light... a black wire and a purple wire.

Of the two remaining one is yellow and one is dark blue or black and hot with ignition at run.  Which goes where?

Now I thought the yellow wire was for the coil...  and lead back to the plug at the firewall where the yellow wire comes up from the starter solenoid, but that wire is not (even at the solenoid) hot with the ignition at run.

Based on my memory this could make sense as this could be the line that supplies a straight 12v shot to the coil when cranking for hotter spark... and that would mean both the dark blue (or black) and yellow wires go to the coil..... but.....  then what wire connects to the single plug coming up from near the harmonic balancer (oil pressure?)?  If both these wires go the coil there appear to be no wires left to connect to that plug.

Ray "Grymm" Rodriguez III
Lake Ariel, PA
CORSA member
66' Corsa 140/4 coupe
65' Corsa 140/4 coupe (under construction and almost done!)
63' Monza PG coupe (under construction- quickie driver build)