<VV> SHORTENED PG CABLE

N2VZD at aol.com N2VZD at aol.com
Mon Aug 2 06:41:22 EDT 2010

has anyone ever done a good neat job of shortening a PG cable?
i need to start thinking about fixing the horrible mess under the
"crampside" soon. i will make all new harness , tubing , and shift cable   soon.
my latest shortcut bit me , i had a set of nice very low miles 65 110hp
heads that looked like new. i put new seals on the intakes , cleaned them up ,
 and used copper 052 gaskets. at the time the gasket surfaces looked good ,
after  cleaning things up. anyhow i ran the motor on my hydraulic table .
it runs  great. BUT it decided to blow a head gasket right away. i now have
it apart  again , sending heads out for rework soon.
that's my saga for today...forgot to mention that the alternator pulley is
a great meat grinder ...makes short work of the end of the thumb.  so far ,
 i feel jinxed this summer. long story.
regards, tim colson