<VV> Sun visors and late rear seats

Sethracer at aol.com Sethracer at aol.com
Mon Aug 2 11:56:33 EDT 2010

About 30 years ago, I was building a street Corvair coupe and I replaced
the thin (1965) sun visors with the thicker 1966 visors from a convertible.
The  convertible visors extend to a tip with a rubber cover that snaps into a
slot  in the Convertible rear view mirror assembly. At that time, I found
and  installed a plastic cover that provided a place in the rear view mirror
area on  a coupe for these tips to snap in.

Fast forward 30 years - I am now replacing the 1965 visors in my street
Corvair with thicker 1966 convertible visors. Has anybody out there found a
part  that would serve to capture the tips on the sun visors? I no longer roam
 the junkyards like I did in my youth, though perhaps it's a hobby that I
should  take up again. I will be converting the rear view mirror to the type
with a  couple of lights inside, I already have that mirror assembly.

I spent this weekend fabricating and welding a pair of brackets to install
new aftermarket seats in the coupe. One of the mounting studs had broken
off and  required "rework".Well both front seats are now installed, and they
feel  great.  Now I have to go looking for a replacement rear seat. I have
heard that a GM Intermediate (Pontiac Grand Prix size 1997-200X) is about the
 right size to fit in there.  Any thoughts or  suggestions?

Seth  Emerson

C's the Day! - Corvair, Camaro, Corvette
San Jose,  CA