<VV> slow cranking

Charles Lee Chaz at ProperProper.com
Mon Aug 2 23:41:00 EDT 2010

Actually, no, because it was not a missing ground, although that is good to know (that the engine will 'find' a ground through the e-brake cable) !!!!

The starter gear was jammed and wouldn't crank.  The starter was straight but maybe has a bad tooth that grabbed  the gear and held it tight ?

I'll install it tomorrow after testing to see if the gear fails to retract ? Then inspect all flywheel teeth ?

I'm working on may things at once, such as overheating, cranking, e-brake, etc - the usual for resurrecting a car that was rescued from the crusher 13 years ago, and has languished in my driveway for all this time !

Thanks to everyone's help on VV, I'm making some progress !!!!
Thanks for your input too -
Charlie

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: O. B. Stewart
  To: Chaz at ProperProper.com
  Sent: Monday, August 02, 2010 8:35 PM
  Subject: slow cranking

  Chas,

  Isn't this the same car that you have a bad e-brake cable? well, I'll bet you don't have any e-brake cable at all now!
  Bad or missing ground at the engine and you burn the e-brake cable into, then it cranks very slow, sometimes not all all with smoke at various places.........

  O. B. Stewart
  Music City Corvair Club