<VV> Vair Electric or scroll type A/C compressor?

Mark Durham 62vair at gmail.com
Tue Aug 3 23:04:53 EDT 2010

Ignacio, I would think you would strain an already strained system by
transfer the power requirements to the alternator rather than running the AC
directly off a pulley attached to the crankshaft. I think it would lead to
more belt failures, higher bearing failure rates and would require just
about as much hp to turn the alternator to get the higher amperage, and its
a lot. I've worked on these systems in smaller twin and singe engine
aircraft and we are talking a a 100 amp system. It would be less on a car
because of less airflow, but still, more than I would want to attach to a
fan belt that makes 4 corners and twists, too.

Mark Durham