<VV> 8-Track Fun

Sethracer at aol.com Sethracer at aol.com
Thu Aug 5 12:41:50 EDT 2010

In a message dated 8/5/2010 7:18:31 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
gswiatowy at rochester.rr.com writes:

Of all  things, at a swap meet I just picked up new in the box, Midland
AM/FM casette  and an AM/FM 8 track new in the box, for next to nothing.

Guy says they  came out of an old parts warehouse........

Gary  Swiatowy

Gary - I don't know if you can still buy 8-track recorders, but I think
blank tapes are still available. What I wanted to do was hook-up the output of
 an 8-track player into the radio, and connect the "track-selection" button
up so  that if any pushbutton on the dash mounted AM radio was pushed, it
would just  switch the 8-track to the next track. There are 4 parallel stereo
tracks on an  8-track. Then record oldies music tracks onto an 8-track
cartridge include  station IDs and disk jockey patter. At the car shows, when
you are playing the  radio, it will seem like a time capsule from the 60's. I
suppose you could make  some I-pod device or computer control do the same
thing, but it would be fun to  watch the spectators when you switch Casey
Kasem to Dick Bioni or Cousin Brucie,  introducing the hits from the age.

Seth Emerson

C's the Day! -  Corvair, Camaro, Corvette
San Jose, CA