<VV> Control Rod Removal

Byron Comp byron.comp at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 5 13:51:24 EDT 2010

Hey Gary,

I tried something similar. Using my floor jack I tried jacking up the end of the
wrench. All I succeeded in doing was lifting that side of the car, too. And it
looked like it was going to tilt right off of my jack stands. That's when I
called it quits. With everything else out of the way, I think I can aim my torch
toward the outside of the car and away from the gas tank so as not to cause a
loud boom. ;-/ I plan to try tomorrow, so keep your ears on.

Byron Comp
'64 Monza Vert.
Gainesville, FL

>Message: 3
>Date: Thu, 5 Aug 2010 10:22:07 -0400
>From: <gswiatowy at rochester.rr.com>
>Subject: Re: <VV> Control rod removal
>To: virtualvairs at corvair.org
>
>Was working on a car not too long ago.
>Was afraid to heat the nut so close to the gas tank.
Put my big box end wrench on the control rod nut, and let the car down on the
wrench so the weight of the car was fully on the wrench.