<VV> Quote : "most cars begin life as a ..."

Ray "Grymm" Rodriguez vairguy at echoes.net
Sat Aug 7 04:39:43 EDT 2010

I have to agree with the heater core comment, those things are really buried
in many cars.

The fact that I can do nearly everything myself on the Corvair is a big part
of how I justify the expense of the hobby on my meager income.  Between the
fact that my cars don't really depreciate and the fact that I rarely if ever
have to pay a mechanic anything but a state inspection fee....  well that
pretty much makes it worth driving an antique car as my daily driver.

Any Vair' nut who isn't ready to tackle nearly any repair himself has one of
two problems... not enough time (understandable), or your Corvairs are all
too nice!  Get a nice junker that will break a lot (or better yet needs a
full resto) and learn the way I did!  After the 5 year long (long periods of
inactivity) amateur restoration  project on my 65' Corsa I'm ready to do
ANYTHING my other Corvairs need done.

Ray "Grymm" Rodriguez III
Lake Ariel, PA
CORSA member
66' Corsa 140/4 coupe
65' Corsa 140/4 coupe (under construction and almost done!)
63' Monza PG coupe (under construction- quickie driver build)