<VV> Fuel pump advice

akacube at aol.com akacube at aol.com
Sat Aug 7 19:25:38 EDT 2010

Hello all corvairians!
         I would like your opinions on a mechanical fuel pump vs an electric one. I do not know if I should change to an electric or stay with the mechanical one. I am concerned on some of the safety precautions needed for the electric pump, but is it more reliable and efficient than the mechanical one? I have had no problems with the mechanical one that is in my 65 Monza, but I have read that there was a problem with ones that had been ordered and the new ones had bad diaphragms. Any and all opinions welcomed.
Thanks to all of my fellow corvair enthusiasts
Abe