<VV> headers leak

Ray "Grymm" Rodriguez vairguy at echoes.net
Sun Aug 8 21:29:44 EDT 2010

Howdy folks,

     Tonight I decided to track down the exhaust leaks I've been hearing since I put that used set of headers on my car last week.  It turns out they are leaking badly where they meet the heads on nearly every port.  I cleaned up the gasket surface on the headers pretty decently with a wire brush in a drill and used brand new graphite 140 seals (they are 140 heads).

     I took a photo in case anyone needs to know what type they are in order to give advice on how to get them to seal properly.

Ray "Grymm" Rodriguez III
Lake Ariel, PA
CORSA member
66' Corsa 140/4 coupe
65' Corsa 140/4 coupe (under construction and almost done!)
63' Monza PG coupe (almost done!)