<VV> Pay someone who has the skills- recent experience

frankcb at aol.com frankcb at aol.com
Mon Aug 9 10:52:11 EDT 2010

Joe,
     That's why I recommend that as soon as you get back from the tire installers, jack up each wheel that was done, loosen up all the lugs and retighten them in sequencial stages to the CORRECT torque as advised in the owner's manual for the car.  Tighten them in STEPS so that they are gradually torqued to the proper value.  I like to count as I do it:  "41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65" etc.  You may very well find that you need a long breaker bar AND a piece of pipe to break the lugs loose, but it's MUCH better to discover that in the safety of your driveway than on some lonely road late at night in the pouring rain!!!!
     In addition, your brake linings/pads, drums or rotors will wear correctly if the lugs are done properly.  The problem is that the correct method takes TIME to do it right and it's so much quicker to use a powered torque wrench set at 200 ft.lbs and overtighten each lug just ONCE.
     Frank Burkhard

I also reminded him that every time I have to remove lugs on anything his
uys install I have to use BIG pipe on BIG breaker bar to break the lugs
oose -  even though I ALWAYS ask them to please put lugs on so I can get them
ff.  I have also twisted up a 4-way or 2. Told him that could cost me  a
oad call fee with a flat - out on the road.   His  response was "I like to
ut 'em on so they won't come off".
ur business dealings are now over.