<VV> Restoration - DIY is $atisfying (and a hello)

Sethracer at aol.com Sethracer at aol.com
Mon Aug 9 12:55:30 EDT 2010

In a message dated 8/9/2010 5:22:55 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
cityhawk at pobox.com writes:

I intend  to do the engine work myself (though will send the parts out
for machining  since I do not have the tools for that). I plan to do the
gross body work  (cutting out and patching the rusted areas, sandblasting
paint and rust  off of the car.... probably do the POR 15 treatement of
the undercarriage.  But I plan to send the car someplace to do the finish
body work and the  paint job since I don't have the garage to do it in (I
plan to put up one  of those canopy-tent style temporary garages to do
the work and will do  the engine work in my basement).

I will get the satisfaction of doing a  major part of the work myself,
while saving the money from having all of  it done elsewhere... but I
lack the tools, the place and the time to do  everything myself.

Cheers,

Karl (in  Boston)

Well Karl, keep us posted. And ask questions when you need to.  Remember
that the National Convention in 2012 is in your back yard (figuratively
speaking). If the car is finished (am I dreaming?) or even just a work in
progress, you can bring it along and show off your handiwork. That is what it is
all about!

Seth  Emerson

C's the Day! - Corvair, Camaro, Corvette
San Jose,  CA