<VV> pay someone ...

Bill H. gojoe283 at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 9 15:38:11 EDT 2010

B"H

I for one, appreciate all the excellent advice I've gotten over the years from
the fine folks at VV.

If I had to pay a mechanic to do all the work I've done on my Monza, I would
probably have sold it a long time ago, since my car is my daily driver...

I've got the turkey roaster and lower shrouds off, and am now de-flashing my
heads.  It's a yucky job, time-consuming, but I've found a lot of good tips from
VV'ers out there on the subject (via Google).

Like I said on the corvairclub on Yahoo, by 1969, those molds must have been
pretty worn, since most of the openings adjascent to the spark plugs were
completely closed.  There's flash everywhere, and I found some Fire Rings from
some previous spark plugs wedged in the fins.

Thanks again everyone for all the good advice.  I don't always have time to
review all the posts, but certainly if anyone asked for advice that I felt
competent to give, I'd give it most happily.  As I get more into the car, I'm
learning a lot more about it.

Corvairs are really simpler than you realize, and Susie's probably the easiest
car I've owned to repair, except maybe my first one, a '66 Rambler American 220
station wagon...Bill Hershkowitz  69 Monza Coupe 110 PG