<VV> Steering box question - adjustments ?

J R Read_HML hmlinc at sbcglobal.net
Mon Aug 9 16:07:10 EDT 2010

Charlie,

FIRST, be sure that there is absolutely NO play anywhere else in the
steering linkage before making any adjustments to the steering box.  You
will find the adjuster under the trunk - a round seal in the trunk plugs the
hole to get to it.  Back off the nut and make adjustments in small
increments until you are happy and then tighten the nut to hold that
adjustment.  DO NOT overdue it.  Be sure the steering wheel returns back to
center after a turn.  If not, you over did it.

Later, JR