<VV> Header Gasket Leaks

Kwoverby at aol.com Kwoverby at aol.com
Mon Aug 9 17:36:32 EDT 2010

First, check the height of the exhaust tube flanges to make sure they are
in a straight line. Second, look at your headers and see if you have the
type  with the bump or bend on the flange on the side opposite of the exhaust
pipe  hole. If there is a bend or bump and the exhaust tubes are all the same
height,  you should be OK.

If your headers do not have the bend or bump on the flange area, you will
need to fabricate a set of clamps to bolt each exhaust tube to the header. I
 used large washers and cut them so the washer would slide around the
exhaust  tube. I would install one from each side, I would have them drilled for
through bolts and use bolts with lock washers and nuts to clamp the exhaust
 tubes to the headers. I saw this in a tech guide as I recall. It worked
for  me.

Ken Overby
180 Rail
66 500 CP