<VV> Pay someone Flat Rate (No Vair)

Lonny Clark lclarkpdx at gmail.com
Tue Aug 10 14:59:57 EDT 2010

Don't laugh too hard - I helped my stepson change the alternator on his
mid-80's Prelude. The manual stated that the engine needed to be jacked up
off of the frame and removed from under the car.

I found a slightly easier way - I removed all of the crap attached to the
dual carbs (2-foot wide bottom plate for the air cleaner, about 20 different
wires and vacuum fittings, pcv system, etc,etc), and was then able to work
the alternator up through all of the rest of junk in the engine bay. It was
still a 3-hour job - not sure at this point if it would have been easier or
not to jack up the engine. I am guessing the MR2 is just as crowded in the
engine bay.

A Corvair is a dream to work on in comparison.

Lonny