<VV> VV Autocross Article - LAST WORD ON THIS SUBJECT!!

Corvkid50 at aol.com Corvkid50 at aol.com
Tue Aug 10 22:30:55 EDT 2010

After several e-mail on VV and The Forum I just wanted to set the  record
straight on what happened on the Auto cross thing. Hopefully this  will end
all the posts and e-mails about it. First off being new to the sport I  knew
nothing about the class placing. I looked at the classes and still was not
sure what to enter so I asked when I signed up. First thing I told him I had
a  big bore motor in my 62, and other than that it was stock. He said I
don't care,  is it 2 carbs or 4 to which I said 4. I was then placed in a class
which I  forget what it was. I started to unload and a fellow came and
asked what class I  was in and I told him. He said your going to get killed. I
said I don't care I'm  in it for the fun and nothing else. Then he came back
after talking to the  official and said I was now in SS-4. So that's what I
ran in. That was it, no  intention on my part to cheat. One post to VV
suggested it "looked fishy and  there was more to the story." I took offense to
that and told him that in an  email. I could care less about a trophy or
placing. I had fun and will always  remember good thoughts about my first time
auto-crossing. I hope this note will  stop all the post and e-mails about how
I took someone else's trophy Just so  everyone knows the trophy is on it's
way back to Iowa in the mail, so it  can be given to the person who earned
it and didn't get one. All the trophy I  need is driving my 62 6+ hours to
Iowa, running it, and driving home with no  trouble at all.  I have sent the
Iowa club an e-mail so they know it's on  it's way. I enclosed some of the
posts that were on VV and the Forum so they can  Hopefully understand why I
returned it. Aeroned was the first to post a question  about it and I guess
someone thinks I'm mad at Ned. I exchanged e-mails with him  and hopefully he
knows I AM NOT mad at anyone. I'm glad he did so we can correct  an honest
mistake. I have a Norwegian Temper so it might have sounded like I was  mad
but I was not. Being suggested that I cheated did made me a bit  unhappy.
The last thing I have to say is maybe having a non-comp class for  those who
just want to run and not compete. I hope this clear up any  questions.

Thanks
Ron Thompson