<VV> Gettin under the dash

Smitty vairologist at cox.net
Wed Aug 11 15:10:02 EDT 2010

Smitty says: this is a serious tech tipso do what you want with it. Years
ago when my body started failing me for such activities I made a box about
two ft long and square in the other two dimentions of the height from the
floor to the door sill.  I would lay it down outside the door and scoot in
on it to get under the dash.  When not being used as such I stand it on one
end for a stool to sit at the bench or to lay tools on when working on an
engine.  Later I made a platform to put on the floor in the car that gave me
a level place to match the box.  I throw an old carpet square across the
threshhold and work in relative comfort.  I just finished two days under the
dash of the wagon so working there is fresh in my mind.  An hour of time
spent knocking together such a box out of 1/2 or 3/4 plywood will pay back
more then you can imagine.