<VV> How much to ship a starter and then ship gthe core ? (approx)

Charles Lee Chaz at ProperProper.com
Thu Aug 12 03:08:52 EDT 2010

I could have rebuilt mine in this time, but I ruined it thinking I had a new
one coming !!!!!

I didn't go to a vendor first, because starters are not like "O"-rings or
such, so as I said earlier, either they're expensive to ship or take a long
time to get here.

Also the vendors (I did check their catalogs) either do not list the starter
or make you open an account to complete the order to find out what the
shipping costs.
Plus core charges - I have to pay shipping for that too ???

Locally, I just go and pay (the "easy way" according to someone here a few
days ago) but how was I to know AutoZone would take my order, tell me it'll
be in 3 business days (which is 5 real days), and THEN tell me it's out of
stock ?

So, local is better, but even IECC is 30 miles away. I joined IECC because
they're great people and they help with email questions and such and that's
worth supporting a local club.

There is a friend in Hemet who has a stash of "used but good" parts he's
willing to share, so I hope that works out.

To answer another posted question ("Why has it taken 2 months to go 2 miles
?"), this is just one reason ...

Thanks for all the help though, it's still better than than paying someone
else - where else would I find all this camaraderie ?

Charlie