<VV> Plugs And Pinging-Field Mice

corvairduval at cox.net corvairduval at cox.net
Thu Aug 12 11:26:37 EDT 2010

Oh Ron, you need to study field mice more. They can fit through 1/4"
openings! So they can get through the front and rear air vents/louvers on
both early and late & FC.

http://www.ipm.ucdavis.edu/PMG/PESTNOTES/pn7483.html

The drain holes in the air plenum forward of the engine on a late model
give easy access for rodents for a late model. Once there, through the
shroud/upper fresh air hose/heater system/interior....

You could leave the shrouds off and not give any easier access than already
exists!

Mice in combustion chanber? Easy, through the tail pipe and open chamber or
rusted muffler. Or poorly fitting air cleaner system. Or just chew through
the paper filter/rubber seal/metal mesh support.

I have seen nest in crankcase! I guess through the road draft tube/top
cover vent plate...

And this is not just a Corvair phenomenum, any vehicle parked near mice. My
wife, before we met, paid the toyota dealer to remove the dead rodent from
the heater blower on her 83 Tercel. And she was a city dweller.

Frank DuVal