<VV> Unintended Acceleration

kenpepke at juno.com kenpepke at juno.com
Thu Aug 12 19:58:47 EDT 2010

Neither of the Cadillacs will floor the throttle with the resume button ... The Buick 455 did not floor the throttle, even in steep mountains, before or after that one time.  The 75 and 76 El Caminos, 350 and 305s never floored their  throttles under any circumstances nor did the 73 and 74 Eldorados.

My lady friend has an HHR and the cruise control is much more aggressive than any of my cars.  I always use the cruise because the center console is in the way of my leg.  I literally drive it with the cruise buttons.  My daughter has a large Saturn wagon that I drove Sunday has a very, very aggressive resume control but I have not seen it actually floor the throttle.
Ken P

Ebarr19 at aol.com wrote:

I believe on most cruise controls when you have yours set at 70mph and you brake to lets say 45 mph and you hit the resume switch it will floorboard until you get back to the 70 mph set point. Thats why I will bring it back up close to the set point before hitting the resume switch. Is this what you are talking about or is it something else.
  Gene Barr