<VV> Inventory Reduction

James P. Rice ricebugg at mtco.com
Fri Aug 13 17:48:53 EDT 2010

All:  We have had brief comments and discussions about what happens to barns
full of parts after  our eventual departure from this world as we know it.

I've had somewhat one sided discussion with our daughters about what to do
with all my stuff if I depart unexpectedly.  No barns of parts to deal with,
but 7 book cases and 5 file cabinets and...they promise to pitch most of it.

Last year, my wife of 43 years and I started downsizing.  I have sold off
several hundred unbuilt auto and aero model kits to various vendors of such
things.  Most of the auto and aero books and magazines will likely be sold
off the same way in the coming years.

Some Corvair literature was a easy to get to next project.

Anyway, I have 3 separate list on word.doc(s) of Corvair related magazines,
books and misc literature for sale.  The oldest magazine with Corvair
content is dated January 1959.

I also have a list of Star Trek and Star Wars literature, most of it
original back in the day material.

Also, all my Yenko Stinger material is for sale as a total package deal.  I
will not part it out like we do cars.  It has been in the making for more
than 45 years and takes up more than a file drawer.  But the price tag is a
firm mid 4 figures. I can count on my fingers and toes who can afford this
material within CORSA, so don't even think about asking for that list if you
are not one of them.

I thought I'd give you guys first chance.  If you would like one or more of
the list e-mailed to you, please contact me off line at ricebugg at mtco.com
We will be out of town for most of the weekend, so it'll likely be Monday
before I get back to you.

Historically Yours,
                   James Rice
                   CORSA member since mid-70's
                   Former Chairman of the Competition Committee
                   Member of original CPF Advisorary Committee
                   CORSA/CPF BoD member and CPF Liaison 1999-01
                   Occasional contributor to the Communique

PS:  I've always heard the secret to a long life is to choose your parents
and grandparents very well.