<VV> Dripping from Cluster at Idle

Mikeamauro at aol.com Mikeamauro at aol.com
Sun Aug 15 13:11:56 EDT 2010

"...I had a similar Idle circuit problem, but mine was dripping at
idle...I found that a plastic twisty that is used to reseal bread loaf bags  after
opening was perfect.  I just burned off the plastic coating and  used the
wire to clear the idle circuit..."

Stephen... Where in the idle circuit did you use the wire? If on the
venturi cluster, the cluster is not part of the idle circuit. Ray's original
post did not say he had a dripping problem, only "...that the left carb idle
circuit is non-functional..." Raw fuel dripping from the venturi cluster, at
idle, is generally caused from: 1) too high a float setting, and/or 2)
improperly set (too high) idle speed adjustment; the throttle plate is  opening
to or beyond the transition position, inducing fuel to be drawn  from the
venturi cluster. This latter condition is typically a result of  improper
carb balance (linkage) adjustment.

This said, your twisty wire suggestion sounds like the perfect  device to
rod out the venturi clusters: the right diameter, and soft enough  material
as to not damage the interior passages.

Mike mauro