<VV> carb help needed

Ray "Grymm" Rodriguez vairguy at echoes.net
Sun Aug 15 21:21:00 EDT 2010

Someone just pointed out that "going after the seller" sounds like a big
over reaction, I wanted to clarify publicly:

I simply chose my words poorly, I didn't intend to sue the poor guy, just
complain that the "freshly rebuilt" carb he sent me was not 100% functional
as promised and ask him to fix it or send another in exchange for it.  The
seller rebuilt the carbs himself for the purpose of resale I believe, so if
the rebuild was not done correctly he should fix it if need be.

I'd much rather fix it myself and leave the poor guy alone as long as I can
do so at minimal cost to me.  I was thinking that since I have no carb
rebuilding experience you guys might tell me not to dive into the
project.... that seems a common suggestion when it comes to the internals of
carburetors and automatic transmissions.

Ray R.

> Why would you want to go after he seller? You have a dirty carb. Clean it.
> Or the idle circuit is bad. So? Fix it. You bought a carb(s) on eBay. What
> do you expect?

The sender of that will remain anonymous, but I appreciate his calling me
out so I could clear this up!

RR