<VV> OBD, EFI, etc.

jvhroberts at aol.com jvhroberts at aol.com
Mon Aug 16 14:41:46 EDT 2010

 In all fairness, a turbocharged Corvair makes the same stench. It's NOx emissions, which highly efficient engines or engines with high combustion chamber temperatures are notorious for producing. The catalyst can't deal with the insane levels of NOx under full throttle from these engines, which, by the way, is NOT part of the EPA test cycle. Thankfully!

Quite frankly, I do NOT miss my eyeballs burning from the unburned fuel from being behind an overcarbed V8 American muscle car. Being behind a modern Corvette, etc., is an easy breathing experience. And a new Corvette also gets 30 MPG on a long cruise, making high performance cars a relatively sin free experience as compared to 40 years ago or more.

John Roberts