<VV> OBD, EFI, etc.

Mark Durham 62vair at gmail.com
Mon Aug 16 17:38:48 EDT 2010

Tom, cool. Yes, from all reports it provides a smoother running engine that
has more power and gets better economy. A win-win in all respects.
There are several of us who are working on what could be easy to install EFI
and DIS systems. Ted Brown's looks like the best so far, however, I'm
retaining the carbs and replacing the carb tops with Ray Sedman cad designed
tops and making them pure throttle bodies with two high pressure fuel
injectors per side. Also not a bad conversion. However, I have to mod the
tank and add high pressure fuel and a return line, and bore out the
venturi's in the carbs, probably going to be the hardest part. I've got the
DIS ignition figured out. Will require a drilled harmonic balancer, a VR
sensor with mount, and reprogramming of the ECM from HEI to DIS parameters,
and to turn off the things I don't have on my car, the emissions, egr, etc..

Mark Durham