<VV> Starter installation - crossing the "R" and "B" leads

Charles Lee Chaz at ProperProper.com
Tue Aug 17 13:07:58 EDT 2010

Another interesting dilemma can be tightening the "R" lead on the starter so
it touches the "B" (battery cable).

No sparks or any indication of a problem, until you start it and drive it.

Now turning the key to "off" does NOT stop the engine !

Also the car is too hot to go under to see it or fix it, and the car keeps
running ?!?!?!?

So, I got a long extension cord, threaded it under the coil wire and yanked,
watching sparks fly  !!

But it stopped, and after cooling, I moved the "R" lead away from the "B"
lead.

That was fun ...
Charlie