<VV> OT-tires

gswiatowy at rochester.rr.com gswiatowy at rochester.rr.com
Thu Aug 19 12:31:10 EDT 2010

Tires with low rolling resistance, may have a trade off involved.
now I'm not sure of your climate, and if you need all-weather tires and have to deal with snow.
But I just went through this with my daily driver which is a Prius.
The factory tires, got me great mileage, but the replacements are getting me 4mpg less.
But not much when dropping from 54mpg to 50 mpg.

Consumer reports has an interesting chart, comparing tires.
I bought the Michelin Hydro Edge tires, and am extremely happy with them so far.
Car feels so much better in rainy weather and while cornering it's amazing.
Go to this thread and you will find a link to a Word document with the tire comparison.

http://priuschat.com/forums/gen-ii-prius-main-forum/83561-agressive-all-season-tire-winter.html

The goodyear Integrity tires that came on the car were horrid!
Almost no traction on even the lightest snow, no grip on ice at all, and even in the rain were skittish. And they wore out in 30,000 miles.

I found the Michelins on line, at a decent price, printed the page and took it to my local dealer, who could not quite match the price, but came down significantly enough to have me buy them from him.
Gary Swiatowy