<VV> VV email server compliance (difficult) and proposal (easier ?) :

Charles Lee Chaz at ProperProper.com
Fri Aug 20 19:02:50 EDT 2010

I've received a lot of flack about "Replying" to individuals and not JUST to
VV, and hope the effort can be of some value to us all ?

In trying to comply with the dictates of VV, I have noticed that the
following procedure is required using Outlook :

Because VV currently sends emails with the individuals as the primary
address :
a) that individual's address populates the "To" box in a response.
b) VV is now in the "CC" box.
(If this is not what happens to you, let us know what email software you
are using ?)

This what I have to do to un-do this erroneous "population" or the addresses
in my response :

1 - I hit "Reply" which causes only the individual's email address to appear
in the "To" box of the response

2 - Not what I wanted so-o-o-o ... Cancel response and try again ...

3 - Using "Reply to all," :
3a)   the addresses of all individuals appear in the "To" box  (wrong)
3b)  VV appears in the "CC" box (wrong)

4 - So, now delete all the extraneous individuals' addresses that are in the
"To" box.

5 - Now, move VV from the "CC" box into the "To" box.

5(a) - If you have "auto-fill" enabled, and type the few few letters of an
email address, make sure it filled it in with the right address, and not
some whose address starts with those same letters !)

6 - Last but not least, try to remember what you were going to say and write
your response.

My proposal :
When emails are distributed to VV'ers,

1 - Send the individual's address so that it will appear in the "CC" area

2 - Send the VV address so that it will appear in the "To" area

3 - In this manner, simply hitting "Reply" will respond to VV and ONLY to
VV.

This may require reconfiguring our email server but eliminate at least 4
steps that are currently required to comply with VV dictates that have
hammered me over the last few hours.

I hope all that effort will help clear the air, or tell me where my wheels
fell off, or make it easier for everyone ?

This assumes of course that I am not completely off the wall, from possibly
flying too close to the flame again ?

Thank you for your support !
Charlie