<VV> Diagnosing / fixing loose steering on 1967 Monza

Harry Yarnell hyarnell1 at earthlink.net
Sat Aug 21 14:57:23 EDT 2010

Loose steering in a Corvair is USUALLY caused by a rotten drag link bushing.
Best way to check is with someone rocking the steering wheel back and forth
thru the play, and a second person (you) looking at the junction of the
idler arm/ drag link for play.
Second culprit is up/down play in the idler arm.

Harry Yarnell
Perryman Garage and Orphanage
hyarnell1 at earthlink.net