<VV> Steering box, was: Selling My Corvair

Mark Corbin airvair at earthlink.net
Tue Aug 24 16:31:32 EDT 2010

All,

The '67-9 box is all the same, regardless of year or tele or not. Pot joint
right next to the box.

It's the '65-6 boxes that have all the variation in them, from no joint to
joint at a couple of places, none of which are as close to the box as the
'67-9 box.

-Mark

steering boxes.  I'm not sure if your '67 is the same as a '66, '68/'69, or
yet another length unique to '67.  You might search the VV archives, I
think there have been posts in the past on the subject.  I can tell you if
the coupler is right next to the box it's likely the same as a '69, if it's
next to the fuel filler neck it's probably like a '66 but you should
probably double check.

> --Bryan
>
> On Aug 23, 2010, at 9:04 PM, Charles Lee wrote:
>
> > Speaking of scrounging, do you have any steering boxes in case the one
I'm