<VV> Disappointment in part

AeroNed at aol.com AeroNed at aol.com
Thu Aug 26 23:14:19 EDT 2010

I received the repo center AC vent bezel today and I'm very disappoint with
 the part for several reasons. First of all, it's a plastic part that cost
$60,  wow!! I thought for that price it was going to be metal. I guess I
should have  done my homework. IMO it's not worth the price or even half the
price.

Second the bezel is held to the vent assembly with rivets and little rings.
 I couldn't find an easy way to install the rings without damaging the
bezel.  There's got to be a better way to install the bezel. I had the rivets
bend, the  finish on the bezel did get scratched and the rivet heads aren't
flush with the  bezel. Oh BTW the rivets aren't the same color as the bezel
either.

Finally, the bezel is warped. It dips in the middle. It really stands out
against the dash pad on the top and the radio bezel on the bottom.
Fortunately,  I'm not into concours because it sure would be a point magnet.

The only good thing I can say about it is that it's not cracked and broken
like the old one.

Done ranting...
Ned