<VV> Disappointment in part

airvair at earthlink.net airvair at earthlink.net
Fri Aug 27 00:35:34 EDT 2010

In response to the issue of the price, yes you COULD have a metal bezel. There is a guy producing them - for $150 a copy. And even they aren't perfect I bought several, and they all require significant rework to even fit the vent parts. So $60 isn't out of line, particularly since it had to be chromed. Also what you don't realize is that while the chroming does warp the part, the plastic does have a memory to it, so the reheating that will take place in a closed and parked car will take the warpage out. As to the rivets, the color IS a correct factory match to the originals. I double checked this as well as the head size. But I will agree that the attach rings are less than satisfactory. They are supposed to be the proper size, but I am not too happy with them. Clark's supplier is responsible for sizing them. My recommendation is to do as best you can with them, then JBWeld in the remainder, one at a time. You can even use a pair of pop rivets in the rear two holes.

-Mark (supplier of the part in question)

Sent from my Verizon Wireless mobile phone