<VV> Semi OT- basic math

Jeff Wilson jwilson at unctv.org
Fri Aug 27 15:14:28 EDT 2010

Okay, so here's a weird little question... I *think* I
know the answer to this, but everyone please double-
check, cause some days I just can't do math....

Assuming I know my rear-tires revolutions-per-mile
number, can't I guesstimate my RPM's at 60 MPH by
just doing revs-per-mile times transaxle gear ratio?

Because at 60 I'm doing a-mile-a-minute, so my tires are
turning-over the revs-per-mile # in a minute... equals
revs per minute of the TIRES. Times tranaxle ratio=
rev's per minute of the ENGINE... right?

Or am I missing something?

CJ Wilson