<VV> SERIOUS PROBLEMS - 2011 CORSA CONVENTION DATES

Arlette Carl arlettecarl at hotmail.com
Sat Aug 28 06:53:19 EDT 2010

Hi everyone,

I believe VERY serious consisderation should be given to changing the scheduled dates for the 2011 CORSA Convention in Denver CO.

Please consider the following:

1. 2011 is going to be a 'one off' and an extremely important year for every Chevrolet, be it a Chevrolet Corvair, Corvette, Impala or other model. Why? Because Chevrolet turns 100 years old in 2011.

2. From Sunday July 17 thru to Saturday July 23, the Vintage Chevrolet Car Club of America will be celebrating Chevrolets 100th birthday at Chevrolet's birth place in Flint, Mitchigan.

3. Unfortunately (in my view) CORSA plans to run its annual convention at the sametime, in Denver from Monday July 18 thru to Friday July 22.

4. As I write this email, four (4) large hotels (include the host and co-host hotels) have been FULLY booked for the Vintage Chevrolet Car Club of America convention. This 100th birthday celebration is tipped to be the largest gathering of Chevrolet's ever!

5. I believe that many CORSA members will attend the Flint Mitchigan event, given its likely to be a once in our lifetime event.

6. If ever there was a year for all Chevrolet owners to get together, then 2011 is that year.

7. CORSA should in my view run the CORSA Convention as part of the 100th birthday celebrations, in Flint or perhaps the week prior to or immediately after the Vintage Chevrolet Car Club of America event.

In 2011 I will be again travelling from Australia to the USA and very much wanted to attend the Denver 2011 CORSA convention. However if I am forced to choose between Chevrolets 100th birthday in Flint and our annual Corvair convention, then with some reluctance I will have to take the major all Chevrolet event in Flint.

The fact that four (4) major hotels are already booked in Flint, suggests to me that many others will have the same view that I have?

I appreciate changing the dates might not appeal to everyone, but I really believe an event like a 100th birthday demands that this is done.

Are my concerns right, or is it that our rear engined Chevrolet owners don't think of their Corvairs as Chevrolet's'?

Regards

Carl L. Kelsen

1965 CHEVEROLET Corvair Monza convertible

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia